a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The holiday season is upon us...

Well, the holidays are about to get going, not that there aren't already Christmas displays everywhere. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving at my Aunt Kathy's house this year. She's a great cook and I just really enjoy getting together with my family. Unfortunately, Ashley is going to be working. He has picked up extra shifts at Cargill all this upcoming week. Other people wanted to take the time off so he decided to work extra and make us some money to go toward the house. Especially a new fridge. The current owners are taking the fridge with them when they go so we will need to purchase one. Ashley is, however, going to be remembered at thanksgiving. He got enough oil to fry two turkeys, Free from work. Pretty cool perk, huh?

In other news, we got a new christmas tree for our creative room upstairs. It's white with colored lights. We're decorating it in a beach theme and calling it the "Happy Hula-days" tree. It's got mini-surf boards, flamingos, starfish, seashells, cocktail umbrellas, chinese lanterns and other fun beachy stuff decorating it.

My boss has something planned for us on Monday. Friday he told us that we should wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes on Monday, supposedly because we, "Image", have addopted a highway and will be picking up trash on it. The whole thing smells a little fishy to me, but it should be interesting either way. I'll let you know how it turns out.

We're also getting ready for our holiday porch night party on December 14. I designed the e-vite for it this week and we're planning the menu and will have the house all decorated for christmas by then. We have to come up with a seasonal cocktail to serve and just hope the weather is good. All in all, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: