a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Yeah for Thanksgiving! My aunt Kathy is hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow. My parents and brother are coming up, and other assorted relatives will be there. I'm glad I get to see everyone and spend time with them. I'm making a dessert, trifle, and I made the cake and pudding last night and have to assemble it tonight.

We started decorating the office today for Christmas. We're about halfway done and it looks great. But now I'm off work until Monday.

My foot is healing well and I'm getting around much better. Walking barefoot is still kind of painful but I'm doing great in flat shoes. I can't wait until I can wear heels again, I'm missing some quality boot time.

All is going good with the house. Things are on track to close next week and I'm very excited. It seems a little surreal but I'm really looking forward to having a house to call my own. Especially after the crappy commute in the dark/rain/fog/traffic last night. I'm going to start packing this weekend.

Overall, I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

No comments: