a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Black Friday and other Thanksgiving stories

This year was no different than any other Friday after Thanksgiving. Ashley wanted to go shopping. That man loves a bargin. This year however he talked me into getting up at 5 am to go. Our first stop was Best Buy where the line to get in was litterally around the building. We didn't stick around. Next we headed to the mall which was packed like it was the middle of the day. We got Ashley a nice set of Craftsman tool boxes for our new garage. We also got a great deal on a Christmas tree at JC Penny's of all places. All we've got is a little 3.5' tree for the apartment so we got a full sized tree for the new house. It's 7.5' tall with 1700 tips and 1000 lights. And my nerdy/techy side came out - the lights on the tree are remote controlled. You can turn on all the clear lights, all the colored lights or both with the remote. Fun!

Thanksgiving day was good too. Dinner was a little delayed but it wasn't a big deal because we sat down just as Ashley pulled in the driveway from work. All the food was great and the turkeys fried up golden brown.

I did a little more shopping yesterday and saw a wreath I loved at Pier 1 Imports but I wasn't going to pay $55 for it. I bought all the supplies I needed for about $20 and made it myself this morning. It took about an hour and a half to assemble. I think it needs a bow and then it will be done. Check it out below:

My Wreath

The Pier 1 wreath

No comments: