Okay, so I've had this mole on the bottom of my foot for the past couple of years and its gotten bigger and darker and more suspicious looking. I went to a dermatologist because I was concerned it might be cancerous. He assured me it wasn't yet but it didn't look good and would need to come out. So I figured, not big deal, they'll just cut it right out and slap a bandaid on it.
Nothing is ever that easy.
Right now I have a two inch incision in the bottom of my foot, in the arch, being held together with seven stitches. I've never had stitches before and never really had sugery before either and was not prepared for either. I can't walk or even put any weight on it now. I've been on crutches since tuesday. Which is no big deal at work, after I get upstairs to my desk. The part that really sucks though is going up and down two flights of stairs to my apartment.
It gets a little better everyday and I'm not taking pain medicine anymore which is great since it made me nauseous anyway. It only hurts when I flex it too far. All of this for a little mole on my foot.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment