a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday

Ashley and I went out to eat with his brother last night and got to meet his new girlfriend Heather. Adam's girlfriends tend to be a little on the flighty, immature side but this one was different. She was very personable and smart. She's an assistant principal at an elementary school outside charlotte. He really seems to like her and I think he's done very good this time. We ate at the new Fuel Pizza in Gastoina that just opened. There's another one in downtown Charlotte. The pizza was good and the atmosphere was pretty cool but the service needs a little work.

Today I did chores, laundry and cleaning and fun stuff like that. I did make cookie dough to bake tomorrow. Two kinds today. I was going to make a third kind of dough but I ran out of brown sugar. I'll bake them tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to look at some more houses. I looked at two in Shelby near my office this past week. One had just had some serious water damage from some tennatns renting it and was being dehumidified and renovated. The other was nice and had a pretty stone fireplace and open kitchen with a cooktop in the island. I reserving judgement until I see the other houses tomorrow. We can't keep shopping forever. I hope one of these is "the one" or at least "the one I can convice Ashely we should buy". :-)

No comments: