a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Return from Vacation

First of all, we had an awesome vacation. Ashley and I went to the Jersey Shore with my parents and brother for a week. We rented a cabin a couple of blocks from my Grandparents and also got to see my Uncle and my great aunt and uncle. It was a reunion for all the relatives on my mom's side of the family. The weather was awesome sunny and warm but not too hot. The water was nice and it was a real walk down memory lane. So many of the things that I rember as a little kid haven't changed and its comforting in a way. I was also excited that I could share those things with Ashley and that my grandparents could meet him since they weren't able to come to the wedding.

Since I've been back at work a week now I thought it would be worth updating on the drama. Donna our office manager put in her two weeks notice and last friday was her last day. No one was really upset about her leaving. I don't believe that an ad has been placed in the paper to find her replacement. We are hiring a new designer, Ben, and he starts on the 28th. He was supposed to start on the Monday I got back from vacation but he wasn't offered the job the day after he spent a half-day at the office with us, but a week later instead. But he is coming which is the important part. It's been a long time since we've had someone who can brainstorm and share an informed well articulated opinion with the group. Plus he'll bring some testosterone to the office.

And in sad news, Cindy (who I work with) lost her son on tuesday evening. Here's a lesson to learn. Jamie was in an accident when he was in high school and almost died and was in a coma. Over the course of the past 16 years, he has had problems with seisures that limited his ability to work, be independent and provide for himself. He moved home about 8 months ago because the seisures could no longer be controlled with medication and he was on disability. Then last week he had several severe seisures that caused his heart to give out and he died. Myself along with two other close co-workers at image spent most of wednesday with Cindy and her family. Then went to the wake on thursday and funeral on Friday. It was an emotional and draining couple of days and I just hope my efforts and company were able to give her some comfort.

So another week begins and everyone will be back in the office this week, back from vacations and it should be interesting. There are some "growing pains" that need to be worked out, as Cindy puts it and it should be interesting. I post again soon.

No comments: