We went to the lake yesterday and spent a good day in the sun. My Aunt Sue and Uncle Kevin and cousins are in town visiting and they went up to my other Aunt and Uncle's place on Lake Norman for the day. We rode jetskis, took a ride in the pontoon boat to go swimming in deeper water and even got to ride in my Uncle's new old cris craft boat (a beautiful all wood boat from the late 50's). It was hot and sunny and great weather to be on the water.
Next week we're going on vacation to Jersey to see my Mom's side of the family. I'm excited about a week at the beach and am glad Ashley will finally get to meet my granparents. Grandma wasn't well enough to make it to our wedding so this will be his first time meeting them. Plus my mom's brother will be there and my great aunt and uncle (grandma's sister) will be flying up from Florida. Going to the Jersey shore has been something that has always been a part of my life and it hasn't changed too much over the years. It's one of those comforting things that I always look forward to. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.
No new news on the house search. I think we're going to wait until after we get back from vacation to really get started back.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment