Well the house saga has come to a close. We're not going to buy the brown house after all the waiting and stress and drama. There was just too much wrong with the house after the home inspection and we just don't have the money to throw at the problems. After all the estimates came back we were looking at $13,000 to fix all the immediate problems and another $20,000 to update the electical, plumbing, HVAC and roof. And bottom line is whether or not we are willing to work on the house, we don't just have that kind of liquid cash laying around.
We're both kind of dissapointed but it's the right decision to make and I won't regret it down the road. So now it's back to square one and looking at houses again. But now I feel like I've bought one before and am much better educated going into round two.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment