a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Update

Ashley and I went to Atlanta this weekend to visit my parents. I hadn't been home since Dad's birthday in January and Danny was going to be home from college. I wanted to see him before he went to Nicaugara. He's going for a week on a mission trip with his youth group from school. I also wanted to see Mom for an early Mother's Day. We watched the Kentucky Derby and all picked horses from a hat. My horse won and I won the $5 pot we were playing for. I joked I was going to reinvest my winnings in the new NC lottery and continue my gambling streak. Dad even mixed up some mint juleps which I passes on since I don't like bourbon. We also played bocce and Ashley attempted to play for the first time. He said he would have had better luck if he got to chuck it like a gernade rather than rolling it as the rules dictate.

Ashley and I also got new phones this weekend. Our contract was up for renewal and Ashley had never replaced the phone he lost in November so it was time for new phones. He got a Razor phone which is very slim and sleek and I got the freebe phone which is newer and nicer than my old phone. Both phones have cameras in them which I think is a pretty cool new feature. Danny is again going to get my hand-me-down phone but it's still an upgrade for him.

No comments: