a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The house hunt continues

Ashley and I looked at a couple more houses this weekend in that same historic district in Gastonia as the brown house (which still is not on the market). One is listed at $109,000 and the seller is going to give an allowance for a new roof. It's around 1,400 square feet and is 2 BR/1 BA. It has beautiful hardwood floors and 10' ceilings. The plumbing and wiring have been updated and it has a new hot water heater in it. The kitchen is nice and roomy. However, someone in this house loved pink. THe kitchen is painted pink and the bathroom has pink tile and a pink tub. Here are some photos:






The other house we looked at is roughly the same size but has two bathrooms (one of which is in the master bedroom). It's also been updated and has had more finishing touches completed. New kitchen with new appliances, paint and trim, landscaping in the front yard. It's a 1.5 story house so technically it should have an upstairs but for whatever reason when the house was redone the upstairs was closed off. I have a call in to the listing agent to find out more. So it has the potential for a third bedroom. It's also on a larger lot than the first house. It's listed at $124,900. See the photos below:







So those are two possibilities. The white one needs more work to finish the updating whereas the yellow is more move in ready and of course the price of each house reflects this. But I think both are really good options to think seriously about. Ashley, as of this post, still hasn't picked a favorite. He says he's still digesting. I'm curious to see what his decision will be. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: