a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Look Ma, No Cavities!

Yup, went to the dentist this morning and came back with a clean bill of health and the usual admonition to floss more. Of couses, when it's your mother-in-law you kind of have to listen to her.

In the big news of the week, I art directed a photo shoot on monday and am going to another on tonight. We got a big job from a new client yesterday to design a prospectus. I've never actually seen a prospectus, but Ashley tells me they are generally very boring and similar to an annual report. But it's my job to make it elegant and luxurioius feeling. Should be an interesting job.

Last weekend, Ashley and I went with his brother and some of his friends to Coyote Joe's. We saw Jason Aldean, a country singer who does the song "Hicktown" and has a new one out called "Why". Both are very good and he was good live. Sunday we watched the panther's game and they won - Go Panthers! Then we went to Jenny's for dinner and to watch the season premier of 24. Jenny fixed a very gourmet meal. Seafood pasta (alfredo sauce with scallops, crab, mushrooms and tomatos) and a green salad with cashews and dried cranberries.

I made caramel corn from scratch this week. It's pretty good, but I don't know if it's worth the work. I'm still on the bubble. I think if I made it next time with less popcorn so there is more caramel coverage, it would be worthwhile.

No comments: