a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It's official

Well I took my legally binding wedding license to the social security office today at lunch and changed my name. I'm now officially a Leake. Tomorrow, I'm going to brave the DMV and try to get a new drivers license. I thought the social security office would be busier today, but there was only one person in line ahead of me. It's just the first of many new things to do now that I'm married. Over the long weekend, I'm going to try to move some of our wedding and shower presents into the apartment. I think I'm going to have to pack up and move out of my kitchen and start oraganizing again from scratch. Oh well, it will be a good project and II'll have lots of fun cooking for my husband after I get through. My husband, he, he, he. I'm still getting used to that. I'm going to have to practice signing my new name tonight.

1 comment:

Dalen said...

so...its not hard to change your name? I was thinking about changing mine...maybe something like Genghis Kahn...or change my first and last name to D words so I got the alliteration thing going.

Merry New Year Christmas,

--DAlen