a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

Ashley and I spent a quite new years at home by ourselves. He was beat after a long week of work, he even worked Saturday and I was beat from trashing the apartment. I moved everything out of the kitchen and then moved wedding presents from Ashley's parents house to the apartment and then unpacked everything and put it in the kitchen and then boxed up the stuff I didn't need anymore and then took all the empty boxes to the dumpster. It was a lot of work, but now I have a new kitchen full of fabulous pots and pans and dishes and appliances.

I put away the christmas decorations last night so chrismas is officially over in the Leake household. I'm also further along in the quest to change my name on things. I went to two banks, changed the name on my lease, my health insurance and on my car registration. I re-recorded my voice mail and changgd it on my computer at work. So I'm getting there. Slowly but surely.

I made potato soup with shrimp from scratch (okay so I didn't catch the shrimp...) last night for dinner (using a new pot and new knife and new measuring cup) and it was very yummy and I have leftovers for tonight.

No comments: