a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry Christmas

I know it's been a while since I posted, but I got married, spent two and a half weeks in Europe and didn't even look at a computer over Christmas. The wedding was awesome. It was great to see my family and Ashley's family and to see all my planning come to fruition . The only small snag was thsat the morning of the wedding, a water main burst in Asheville and there wasn't any water at the hoteluntil late that afternoon. But other than that things went great. The ceremony was beautiful and I was so glad I had it at Calvary, it brought back so many good memories and Fr. Vic conducted a warm and moving service. Then it was into the limo and off to the hotel for food, drinks, chocolate fountain, a mountain of a cake (many thanks to Nancy), and lots of dancing.

The next day Ash and I were off to Europe. We landed in Paris and began our adventure. We took the train and saw Mont Saint Michel, Nice, Venice, Florence, Pisa and flew back from Rome. It was an increadible and overwhelming trip and so worth going. We went to the top of the Eifel tower, walked on the French Riveira, rode the canals in venice, saw Michelangelo's David, climbed the leaning tower, the Sistine Ceiling, got blessed by the Pope, toured the Collesum. All the things I never thought I'd get to do and see in my lifetime.

Then, before you knew it, Christmas was here. We spent our first christmas together, and it was strange not waking up my brother and opening presents with my parents. But it was good all the same. We saw his parents and ate lunch and opened presents and then went to my Aunt Michele's for another lunchand then back to my apartment for christmas with my parents. I got an ipod shuffle from Wilson and Amy at work, probably the coolest present I got. I also got some fancy underwear from Ashley (give the gift you'd like to get right...) and a nice black leather jacket from Mom and Dad.

Now, it's back to work and to taking care of more stuff related to being married. I'm going to try to change my name tomorrow. I did some research today and found out you need your birth certificate or passport, so I have to dig those out tonight and fill out some paperwork. They hired a new girl to be the other designer while I was gone, but she already had plane tickets and plans for the holiday, so I won't get to work with her until the new year.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and have a safe New Year.

No comments: