Yup, it's wednesday, the middle of a short week. I had monday off for labor day and am taking friday off to go to A'ville for wedding stuff. Went to see Mom this weekend for her fiftieth birthday. It was a great, relaxing weekend. I went by myself since Ashley had to work. I almost didn't go though considering the price and shorage of gas last week. May stations in Gastonia and Shelby were out and those that weren't were charging $3.29-3.39 a gallon. My tank is 15 gallons. I don't even want to think about the math. Gas was less in GA since the governor repealed the state tax on gas through the month of sepetmber.
But all in all it was a good weekend once I got there. Mom and Dad helped me with my favors, tying ribbons on ornaments and also in constructing (or at least figuring out how to construct) my centerpieces. We went to the pool and ate good dinners and mom even baked cookies.
Alas, now I'm back at work and we are just slammed this week. But I can't complain too much, it's much better to be busy. Plus I'm working on this really sweet invite now -with NO BUDGET. I get to use whatever paper I want (I chose the one with real gold flecks in it) and the assembly gets to be complicated (with ribbon) and I even get to use a custom wax seal on the envelope. Such a fun project.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment