I wasn't done with my weekend but it was over anyway.
Saturday I went dress shopping with Ashley's mom for something to wear to my wedding. We went to a dress warehouse in Matthews and they had every color and every style imaginable. She tried on a dozen or more dresses and we found a couple that we liked but not in her size. They were having a sale and some of the selection of sizes was down. We've still got some time though. Then I went to the mall for a little bit with Ashley and his brother. Later that night Ashley, Adam and I went up to the university area to meet Josh and Krista for dinner and to help Adam Frake haul some stuff out of his apartment. His roomate had already moved out and left a bunch of stuff behind. His shower was absolutely disgusting - literally brown. I felt dirty just having stood in his bathroom. But he did leave behind two couches which Adam couldn't use and was going to have us take them to goodwill. They were nice couches so we decided to keep them. I'm going to use one in my apartment. The other one may go to Josh. We went to Coyote Joes that night because it was 1-2-3 night. Had a good time with Ashley and got to meet some of the people Adam works with.
Got up a little hungover Sunday morning and drove to Asheville to meet Joel and his new girl for lunch. Then we went to pre-marital counseling again with Fr. Vic. Joel had met Samantha at our trip to Myrtle Beach. She lives in TN not to far from the broder so it was easy for them to meet us in Asheville. She seems like a nice girl and if she makes Joel happy thats good enough for me. Counseling went well. We signed our official engagement certificate and talked about money and division of labor and children and settling disputes. It was a good session and lots of stuff worth thinking about. We go back again next weekend and then are finished until October when we settle the details of the ceremony.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment