a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Monday, July 25, 2005

Hot-lanta

Went home to see my parents in south Atlanta this past weekend. It was hot. It was so hot that when we went to the pool it wasn't refreshing it was just wet. The water was probably about 88 degrees and felt like bathwater. Had a nice visit though, Ashley came with me, which was sweet. I wasn't going to make him come but he didn't want to be left at home. I picked blueberries with Mom Saturday night. There is a place down the street where you can pick your own. I picked 3 pounds of blueberries and paid $4.50. Which is amazing considering that a pint at the grocery store costs $2. I'm going to make a blueberry pie and blueberry cheesecake squares. Yum!

Ashley and I had a good trip back on Sunday. We stopped at a McDonalds and it took so long to get our food that the manager refunded our meal. Then when we stopped for gas, the station was out of regular and mid grade so I filled up on premium gas for the price of regular. Not only that but is was $1.98 for regular, which is about .20 cents cheaper than you can find it here.

I went to the DMV today which is always an experience. I have misplaced my license somewhere and can't remember seeing it in about two weeks at least. I waited an hour to get the three minutes of service it took to print a new license. And they could care less about working faster or smarter because they don't have any competition and just don't care about serving you better. I was however facinated by the woman sitting in front of me who was grossly overweight. I have never seen someone hang over the edge of a seat by 6" or more on each side. She wasn't any taller than me but probably weighed three times as much.

No comments: