a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Friday, August 26, 2005

beach vacation

It's been a while since I posted, but last week I was at the beach. I went to Topsail beach for my family reunion. It was a great week at the beach, getting to spend time with all my relatives and also just relax. There's nothing better than sitting at the edge of the surf after a long day of doing nothing and drinking a gin and tonic. That's about the most relaxing thing I could think of doing. We built some great sand castles too. Dad sculpted a 5 foot shark with fins and teeth. Then he built a lighthouse, complete with cottage, jetty (or stick-out as my aunt called it) and a forrest of dribble trees - made by yours truly. Ashley came with me and I think he had a good time. He only got sunburned on his legs on the last day but he sure got a lot of freckles. They were starting to grow together across his shoulders.

Then it was back to the reality which is my overcrowded apartment and my job where clients don't make sense and don't even have enough sense to let a professional tell them what they need. But it's alright, I'm not serving hamburgers somewhere so I can deal, I just have to, as my brother put it, "adjust to going to work again". I could seriously be a beach bum for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy.

Good news on the wedding front. Ashley's mom found a dress to wear to the wedding. A very pretty navy blue sheath dress with bead accents and a matching blue cropped sleeve jacket with rhinestone closure. I also ordered the ribbons and purchased the ornaments for my favors.

Mom is turning 50 next month and I still working out what to get her. I'll update later on what I decided to do.

No comments: