a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Monday, July 18, 2005

Its been a while...

I know I haven't posted in a while, but last week was just wide open at work. I worked late two nights (7 pm on wednesday and 6:30 on friday) which is unusual. But we had lots of big projects that just all culminated in being due at the same time. Smoke free campaign for a hospital, grand opening campaign for another hospital, comps for our first presentation to Rox Energy Drink, and the now infamious physician recruitment folder that is on it's sixth proof, yet to be approved, and is due back from the printer in a week. Don't even get me started on that one.

Two weekends ago Ashley and I put over 1,000 miles on my car to go to his friend Aaron's wedding outside of Akron, OH. It was a very long time in the car, but we had a good time and spent some quality time together. Plus, we got to see Joel and visit with him, which is always fun. His aunt was even kind enough to put us up for the night. Many thanks to Aunt Donna. All went well at the wedding with the exception of the limo breaking down on the way from photo-taking to the reception site. The wedding party was a little late to the reception but all ended well.

I went to the dentist last week and am proud to report that I have no cavities.

Ash and I had our first pre-marital counseling session with Fr. Vic this past weekend. He had given us the option to have counseling with another priest locally, but I would much rather go meet with him because he is more modern and up to date in his perception of reality. He's much more relaxed and open than your impression of a priest would be, plus he's a little ADD so he and Ashley communicate well and keep eachother entertained. It was a good session and we are scheduled to go back in two weeks. He gave us some suggested readings for the weddding service which is more like a typical episcopal church service than just a simple ceremony. There are hymns, readings, and prayers in addition to the wedding itself.

No comments: