a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

House Update

Ashley finished the floor in the bedroom about two weeks ago. Now we have clothes in the closet and furniture in the room. It really finally feels like home. It looks great too, it's a really close match to the existing floor in the house.

Mom and Dad came up this past weekend for a viisit. Mom and I worked in the yard weeding and pruning bushes. I also learned how to prune a Crape Myrtle tree and discovered there are about eight in the yard. Dad and I cleaned out the gutters and he found a paintbrush and a chisel in the front gutter in addition to about four or five years of buildup. Then Mom helped me pick a spot for my garden. I'm trying to find someone with a tiller, but I think I may end up having to turn over the ground by hand. Which isn't really a big deal since it's a small area. That's my project for this weekend. That and getting some pine straw to much the beds in front of the house.

Ashley's new job is going good. He is still working weekends at Cargill this month so he's kinda worn out right now. But he is really enjoying his new hours and not having to commute.

1 comment:

Dalen said...

yoga!? sweet. my ex-girlfriend inspired me to do yoga, and then she dropped me, but i picked up yoga and really liked it. havent done it lately though. now, its just muay thai twice a week with a little jui-jitsu mixed in. still trying to figure out if I can really get into fighting or not.

saw the 300 recently so, that makes me want to become a spartan.

sitting on a couple one day weekends due to collegiate challenge teams coming to visit our affiliate. now that the weather is nice though, its awesome to swing a hammer outside.

sounds like the married life goes well.

--Leroi