Ashley has gotten a job here in Shelby so he won't have to commute 45 min. to Charlotte anymore. He will be the lead lab technician at Metals America. They do all sorts of metalurgy but mostly composite metals for electroplating. He will be training to become the lab manager when the current manager retires later this year. They are located about 10 minutes from our house. It is a smaller company - around 100 employees - so Ashley can acutally make an impact with any ideas or improvements he may have. Cargill where he works now is international, employing hundreds of thousands of people. Metals America has benefits - medical, dental, 401K, proffit sharing. And the best part is that he will be on day shift. No more weekends, no more third shift! He starts at the end of this month.
In other job news, I'm taking on a second job. I'm going to become a yoga instructor at the Boiling Springs YMCA. I know it may sound kind of random, but I've been practicing yoga for several years now and was looking to pick up some extra money. My friend Jennipher is the fitness coordinator there and mentioned to me that they were looking for teachers. I think it's going to be a good fit. I will teach one 1-hour class a week on Wednesday nights after work and also one Saturday a month. I start in March.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A yoga teacher - how sweet is that! That's really nice to hear.
Hope that Ashley's new job goes well - keep us blogged.
Aunt Marsha
Post a Comment