My parents and brother came up yesterday to visit and to help paint the house. We painted the living room/dining area/kitchen and hall yesterday which is practically the whole downstairs. I just love the paint names - coconut milk and sauteed mushrooms. The colors are just beautiful and they bring out the natural highlights in the stone in the fireplace and compliment the richness of the floor. Plus they make the kitchen cabinets look even better, a lot less pink than with the old paint. They are kind of a washed oak finish and I like them even more now than I did when we first saw the house.
I also bought a fridge yesteday. I got a very nice kitchen aid side by side fridge with a satina finish. I got a deal on it and saved about $600 because it is scratched on the side and was last years model. I'll never see the scratch though becuse there is a wall there. It's being delivered on tuesday.
I'm going to work on some more cleaning today. Everything in the house is just dirty. The ceiling fans in the house were just fuzzy with dust. I'm also going to try to match the flooring in the house so we can put in the new floor in the bedroom. Ashley and his brother already pulled out the carpet and Danny and I pulled staples yesterday so it should be ready. I took some photos and will post some before and after shots.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looking forward to seeing those photos!
What a wonderful anniversary/birthday present!
Love, Aunt Marsha
Post a Comment