a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Greetings from the new house

How's that for an all encompassing title for this post. We are officially moved into the new house and out of the apartment. It happened the weekend before Christmas weekend so we did get to spend Christmas in the house. My family and Ashley's came over and I cooked dinner for everyone. There was much wrapping paper everywhere, it looked like Christmas exploded in our living room. I got a pair of skinny jeans and a house so what more can a girl ask for?

Plus the floor in the bedroom is almost done! In the meantime while I'm closet-less (and drawer-less for that matter - our bedroom furniture, less the bed, is in the garage while the floor is being done), I have a laundry basket, a Rubbermaid set of 3 small drawers with underwear and socks and lots of wardrobe boxes in the garage. Getting dressed in the morning has been a challenge.

All of the painting is done and my light is hung in the kitchen. The furniture is set up in the rooms and the majority of stuff is unpacked. We rented at 14' foot truck and filled it up twice between what was crammed in the apartment and what was in Ashley's parent's garage/attic.

Christmas went really well, I'll post some photos below. I had Friday off so I managed to decorate the house and bake some cookies before the big day arrived. Ashley got all his shopping done before Christmas eve, which is a new land-time record, and worked close to 60 hours the week before Christmas. Things at work have been quiet and we're working on some self promotional projects that we don't normally have time to do.

Anyway, here are some pics and now that we have Internet hooked up at the house, I'll be posting again regularly.



Ashley and Adam putting in the floor ( check out Ashley's nordic beard)


Setting the table for Christmas Dinner with assorted wedding presents.


The mantle with stockings and cards.

Opening a present from Ashey.


What's this?!? A box in a box?

Yes, I got a collander that doubles as a helmet.


Danny cheezing.

Adam getting purty wearing all of Ashley's bows.


Christmas exploded in the livingroom.

The feast (check out the finished pot hanger light)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Your house looks great!! I'm glad ya'll had a Merry Christmas! See you (and your house) soon!