Obviously all that business in my last post about posting more often was a bunch of whooey. But I'm back here in the new year. We had a low key new years celebration and spent it with some friends in Shelby.
We are very close to having heat. Ashley and his dad decided to replace the gas pack (furnace) themselves instead of having professionals do it. They've done a great job but it's taken close to three weeks instead of three days. I spent some quality time under, thats right under, my house last weekend. I've learned lots about duct work and even used duct tape for its intended purpose. They're in the home stretch tonight and are hooking up the gas line and wiring. It's just in the nick of time too, winter kicked in today. They're predicting snow in the mountains tonight.
Things are coming along nicely in the rest of the house. I cleaned out and organized the laundry room this weekend and now there are only laundry-related items in there (as opposed to tools, panrty stuff, ski clothes and a vaccum). I also re-arranged the living room with my mother-in-laws help (much appreciated by the way) and organized the kitchen so I can see the countertops again.
Also in house news - I ordered a comforter for the master bedroom since our burgandy and blue one doesn't quite match the orange/peach color scheme. I got it at target with a gift card (thank you wilson and nicole) and bought some matching sheets at Bed bath and beyond (with another gift card - thank you Aunt Marsha and Uncle Jim). The comforter has long stripes in orange, brown, cream and two shades of green and the sheets match the color in the accent wall. Here is a link to the comforter on the target web site. I'll post a photo of it in the bedroom soon.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment