Well, we made an offer and negotiated and finally came to an agreement. We're going to be buying the house in Shelby that I talked about in earlier posts. We're set to close on Nov. 29. I'm really excited to be buying a house and to be getting out of the apartment. Plus it will be closer to work. There's more room so I'll be able to have people over. I can paint and decorate any way I want. I can grow a garden in the spring and I'll park my car in the garage and not have to scrap the ice off my windshield every morning this winter.
In other news, I went back to the doctor on Tuesday and thought I was getting my stitches out. He said it looked good but only half the stitches came out. He said it wasn't quite healed enough to take them all out. The biopsy of the mole came back negative so it wasn't cancerous which is great news. I'm down to one crutch and feel rather like Tiny Tim of a Christmas Carol hobbling around. My foot is really tender and bruised and I'm depressed about not being able to wear cute shoes. It's getting to be boot weather and I'm stuck in tennis shoes with my dress clothes everyday at work. But if that's my biggest worry I'm doing pretty good.
I found out today that my friend Amber and her husband Matt are closing on their house on the 27, just two days before us. How crazy is that? They're moving back to NC from Texas at the beginning of the year and it will be good to see them again.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment