a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Plot Thickens

Well, just when we thought we were out of the woods with this house it turns out that the one sibling who thought she had power of attorney doesn't really. So now instead of just needing her house on the paperst to transfer the lease we actually need all the siblings and their spouses to sign. Eight signatures! And on top of that there's been some debate as to when the closing can happen because they may or may not have an estate sale to clean the house out. I'm ready to bang my head against the wall.

I'm going to go by the house tonight and introduce myself to them (two of this sisters are in town cleaning out the house) so I'll post tomorrow about how that goes.

Oh and on top of all that house drama we have ants AGAIN in our apartment. In our bed this time. Like crawling around in and under the sheets. We slept on the futon last night. I think I'm going to scream afterall.

In other news we had a nice visit with Joel in Ohio over the fourth. Ashley wanted to see him again before he moves to the west coast. If anyone ever desperately needed a change of scenery, its Joel. I think a fresh start will make him a lot happier. And if things don't work out there's always a room in out attic he can live in (if we ever close on this house!!!).

No comments: