I am posting this from home. That's right, I now have internet access at my apartment. A whole new realm of possibilities opens up, posting from home instead of trying to sneak a post during the work day or during my lunch break. Endless possibilities.
Actually, Ashley wanted internet access for his birthday which is this wednesday, the 8th. I actually got a Saturday installation too, I thought I was going to have to take a day off of work.
Work has been very busy. I'm working on a 48 page brochure. It's a prospectus, a piece designed to attract investors to a company and is similar in content to an annual report. There are 18 pages of "glossy marketing" and the rest is boring legal stuff the lawyers make them include. But at least it will be typeset in a beautiful font. The marketing part is going to be really beautiful though. Very light and airy and beachy feeling in the color scheme. It's for a waterfront property development company. I can't wait to see the finished product. I think it's going to be really impressive. And, even better, if it is well received by the company, it will lead to lots of other beautiful, expensive high-end pieces we get to design.
The superbowl is tomorrow, and I'm kind of depressed Carolina isn't going to be playing (not that they deserve to after that sorry showing agains the seahawks). So I'm not really into the game itself, but I am excited to see the comercials. Last years batch was kind of depressing so I'm hoping the new exorbitant price will improve the quality of commercials.
We had a chilli party at work last night and had three different chillis to sample and lots of other good eats. We celebrated my boss's brithday and ate a very yummy caramel pecan pie made by yours truly. Then we played beer darts and did the annual dirty santa gift exchange that they never really got around to doing at christmas time. It snowed the day they had planned the party and then people were taking time off and were out of town. So we had our work christmas party in february. Everyone was a little tipsy (I don't know why they make the beer darts target so small, as if my aim would get better the more shots of beer I took...) and we all had a good time together. Ashley worked late and didn't come so that was kind of depressing.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment