a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Weekend Update

I spent the weekend playing catch up on a bunch of things I'd been putting off. Fun stuff lIke cleaning the inside of the microwave. Plus I did all my other catch up cleaning since I was out of town last weekend. I repotted some plants and bought some mums for my window box.

I got the best deal on a lamp at Tuesday Morning (like TJ Max but all housewares). It was marked down to $4 because the glass shade it originally came with was broken or missing. (I saw a complete lamp marked $160) Then while I was in the store, it got marked down 50% to $2. I literally could not walk out of the store without it. Then I bought a shade a Lowes and I was in business.

Here's a link to an interesting article about Serendipity. I think it makes some really valid points and is definately worth a moment of your time.
Read the Serendipity Article

No comments: