a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Monday, June 13, 2005

Weekend Update

A pretty unventfull weekend overall. Ashley worked two 12 hour shifts so I didn't see much of him. I spent Saturday afternoon by the pool reading a bookl and got a little sunburned on my legs. I started reading Angels & Deamons by Dan Brown and I finished the book this weekend too. He's also the author of the Davinci Code. The book was a great combination of science, religion, art and history. I couldn't put it down. Ashley and I did a little shopping on Sunday afternoon and I picked up something for dad for father's day.

I did make a great recipe this weekend. A homemade strawberry frozen yogurt. So good and so easy. You put a container of plain non-fat yogurt, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice and a bag of the frozen fruit of your choice into a blender or food processor and mix. You can eat it right away because the frozen fruit give it a smoothie-like consistancy or you can freeze it to make it a little more solid. It tastes great and is low fat and you can controll the ammount of sugar you put in it. I'm going to experiment with different flavors of yogurt and see what kind of results I get. I'll report back.

No comments: