While we were out driving, we stopped at a surf shop (a wings or eagles or something like that). Ashley bought a couple of bogey boards and I got a corona bottle lamp for my brother. Saturday night we decided to go out for sea food and went to an all you can eat buffet. There was a guy outside dressed like pirate and he was very swarthy (not an adjective you get to use a lot) and just perfect for the part. Ash and I had been to this buffet previously and it was just as good this time. I ate lots of crab legs and even Joel, who doesn't do crustacians, found good suff to eat. Served with the crab leggs were ramekins of melted butter. After much discussion, Adam agreed to do a shot of butter, chased by a cookie for $10. It was rather amusing to watch and he said it tasted like liquid popcorn. We sat on the strip that night and watched cars go by and people get arrested. It was very entertaining.
Sunday the sun finally came out. We spent the morning on the beach and soaked up lots of sun. The ocean was nice and warm at about 72 degrees. We took turns using the bogey boards and catching waves. The only bad part was there were lots of rocks where you were standing when the tide was out. Really sharp ones that could cut you if you stood on them too hard. We decided to play mini golf in the afternoon and walked up to Bus. 17 to play at Mt. Atlanticus. It used to be a water park and got turned into a golf course so there are lots of levels and unique holes. It was lots of fun. Mike won and Ashley and Joel were within one stroke of eachother. Everyone got a hole in one but me. Oh well, I still had a good time and no beach vacation would be complete otherwise. We went to Sticky Fingers for dinner and had ribs and BBQ. Ashley ate a whole rack and went into a "meat coma".
All in all it was a great trip and I immensely enjoyed myself. I'll post a link to the photos on Joel's site when he puts them up.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've played Atlanticus a couple of times and my brother, the mini golf conneseur, tells me it's one of the best here is.
Post a Comment