a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Myrtle Beach - Part 1

Got up Friday morning and drove to Myrtle Beach. Ashley got off work at 8 and we left by mid morning. He was navigating and sleeping all at the same time. He kept telling me, all the way down there, not to take the business highway and then when we got to the beach and I got on 17 (not business) he was all up in arms about why didn't you take business 17. It was really kind of funny because I repeated back to him what he had been saying all morning about not taking business highways and he denied it. But we finally made it there and checked into the hotel. It wasn't the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in by any streatch of the imagination but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. We met up with Danny and Wendy and Adam arrived a couple hours later. There were some planes doing loop-de-loops and hammerhead stalls (Ashley told me that's what it was). It was right outside on the beach we were on so we watched from the balcony.
That night we went for a walk down the strip and went to a bar. Danny sang karoke and we hung out and had drinks. When we decided to head back, it started to rain and then it rained harder. We walked back about 12 blocks in the rain. I was soaked, I was so wet I couldn't get any wetter.
Saturday morning I woke up to loud music which I couldn't figure out the origin. Turns out there was a parade. It was Sun Fun weekend, hence the air show the previous day. Aparently its an annual thing. We went and walked on the beach until it started to rain and then we decided to go for a drive.

More to come later...

No comments: