Friday night Ashley and I went to Charlotte for Speed Street which is a free outdoor festival that Food Lion puts on when the race is in town. They have different vendors, beer, food and free concerts. We saw 3 doors down play and I really enjoyed it. Ashley enjoyed most of it, but being a music snob he was able to find fault with some of the songs performed. We were really packed in like sardines in a large open parkinglot area near the Duke energy building. A woman a couple of people in front of us fainted from heat/chlostrophobia. A guy behind us kept trying to crowd surf and I got a foot to the head on his third try. Ashley fended him off the previous two attempts. He bent up my sunglasses a little bit, but other than that I was pretty much unscathed.
Saturday morning we drove up to Asheville to meet with a florist about wedding flowers. It was a shop mom had recomended and I know that she'll do a good job. When I told her I had a general idea of what I wanted and trusted her to use her best judgement she really lit up. I understand the feeling from an artistic perspective. It's nice when people trust you to do what you do best. She's sending a quote for the cost. I also felt reassured that she had set up for a wedding at Calvary before. Ashely had to work at 4 pm so I stayed home and did laundry and cleaned up the apartment. Not that it really made any difference, it is already trashed again.
Sunday I finally got to meet the infamous Steve, a friend of Ashely's from Ohio. He was in town for the race with his fiance and we met for lunch up at Concord Mills Mall. He was very nice and Ashley assured me that he had "calmed down a lot" and it was safe for me to meet him now because I was "locked in" with him relationship wise. I found it a strange comment and I'm sure there are things I still don't know.
Monday was a pretty lazy day. I worked on the beading on my veil and later in the afternoon Ashley and I went shopping. He got a new video card for the computer so he can play some more current games. I got a new bathing suit to wear to the beach this weekend. The top is reversable and matches the pattern of the bottom and the ties. The bottom, which is a red and white floral print has cute red and white polkadot ties on the sides. Very cute and I can tell the past five months of step arobics and abs and year of yoga have paid off.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment