a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Going Home

I'm heading home this weekend to see my brother for his birthday. He's turning 20. I can hardly believe it. He's home from school for the summer and is working as a mechaninc in a local garage. He says it's tiring but he's learning lots of new and usefull stuff. I went shopping for him last night and have to wrap his gifts tonight.

Aunt Michele is comming with me to GA this weekend. She hasn't been down to see Mom and Dad's new house yet. I imagine she's going to talk my ear off for four hours there and four hours back. It ought to be interesting.

I have a meeting with a local woman about my wedding cake on Monday. I get to tast test some samples and we are going to discuss the look of the cake too. I found a photo I liked (see below) and I'm going to change it to a round cake. I'm going to work on some sketches this weekend.



Save-a-date ALERT!!! They're going in the mail tomorrow! Yeah!

I went to my first funeral yesterday. Donna, our office manager, her mother passed away on Monday and was burried in Charlotte yesterday.

It's overcast today, but yesterday was beautiful. I sat on my balcony and read a book until the sun set last night. Then I went in and watched Lost on t.v. I can't wait for the season finale next week. It's such a suspensefull and random show.

No comments: