Summer is finally here! The garden is growing nicely. I picked the first lettuce this week. It was pretty neat to eat food that I had actually grown. Especially with all the concerns today about where food comes from and what it's been treated with and what other byproducts it might contain, knowing that I grew it is really cool.
Another sign that summer is here - Alive After 5 starts today in Shelby. It's live music, food and beer on the court square in Shelby. I've got a full time gig this year as a Bud girl working in the beer garden. I'm also going to pick up some other assorted beer serving opportunities. I'm working a golf tournament next week. It's a great opportunity to make some extra money and I'm grateful to Jennipher for getting me the job.
Danny graduates this weekend so Ashley and I are going to WCU to watch. I'm proud of my little brother and I know that it is only a matter of time until he gets a job. Whatever school hires him will be so lucky to have him as a teacher. We got him a really nice, monogrammed messenger bag from L.L. Bean to carry papers and books and such. Something for his new professional life.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment