Last weekend, I had a friend with a tiller come and turn up some dirt in the corner of my back yard so I could plant a garden. So far, I've planted lettuce, spinach and broccoli. I also planted some herbs - basil, parsley, and cilantro. When I checked yesterday, the lettuce was starting to sprout so I'm pretty excited. I also planted some strawberry bushes in the yard.
The weather here was beautiful all last week, warm and sunny, but now it's supposed to turn a little colder. Trees are starting to bloom and I'm getting excited about summer coming. But, alas, it's cool and windy today so I don't know how much yard work I'll be doing.
I'm trying to sell my old washer and dryer. I ran an ad in the local paper and have had several calls about it. Some people are supposed to be coming by today to look at it. Once they are sold, we'll have that room in the garage for a work bench for Ashley. And we'll be that much closer to parking both cars in the garage.
a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck with the garden! I just bought some bulbs, and will plant them in the next few weeks.
If your washer and dryer doesn't sell, you should try Craigs List. I got rid of my old couch on there a few weeks ago.
Miss you!
Post a Comment