a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow Day

We had the first snow of the winter today. It was somewhere between one and two inches. Then it changed over to rain/sleet.



The office was closed today so I'm catching up on some housework that I missed doing last weekend when I went to visit Mom and Dad. It was Dad's birthday this week so Danny and I both went home last weekend. Dad and Danny played golf and Mom and I walked the course with them. I had never actually been on a golf course for the purpose of golfing so it was a new experience for me.



I got to be the flag girl and it's not as easy as it sounds. There was quite a bit of etiquette that went along with the position. It was a good visit and a shorter drive from the new house.

In other exciting news, Ashley got promoted to full time at his job. Previously he was just working two 12 hour shifts on the weekend. Now he's working full time on third shift. He's adjusting to that this week and is finally sleeping (not just napping) today. He also has an interview tomorrow for a job here in Shelby. It would be great for him to have a job here and not have to commute 45 min to Charlotte.

No comments: