a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Monday, March 27, 2006

Weekend Update

Ashley and I went and looked at some more houses on Saturday. Nothing I have to run out and buy. We're still crossing our fingers that the brown house will go on the market so we can buy it.

That night we went to an Art Auction event with my cousin Jenny and her husband. It was in their neighborhood (the historic district) and at a friends house about a block away. The guests created a piece of art and donated it to the auction. It was sold by silent bidding and then the money raised was given to a charity drawn out of a hat buy the bidder who spend the most money. It was a lot of fun and we got to meet some people from the neighborhood. Jenny knit a scarf and I created a photo collage of the eiffel tower from honeymoon photos. It was one of the top items, selling for $70.

Sunday was a lazy day doing laundry and cleaning up the apartment. I did make some killer beef enchalladas though and I've got leftovers for lunch today. We rode around and looked at a couple of other houses on the market just to see the general area they were in. There was one I might like to see the inside of, but we weren't sure if it had sold becuse there was no sign in the yard.

1 comment:

Dalen said...

They have these cool art crawls here in charleston...if youre well planned you can end up drinking at least a bottle of wine for free. there is art to, but its hard to see when you drink so much wine (i know from experience).

--Leroi