a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Field trip

How cool is your job when you still get to go on field trips? Friday afternoon I got to go to Chimney Rock Park. It's up in the mountains and has hiking, camping, picnic grounds, a huge waterfall and some really distinctive rock faces including the "chimey" that gives the park its name. Last of the Mohicians was filmed there. Anyway, they're going to be a new client of ours and the first piece we're going to do is a direct mail promoting their summer camps and new kids trail. It's an interactive trail with educational stops along the way to learn about the flora and fauna of the area. We walked the trail and I really enjoyed it, it was fun and well thought out. Plus it was just a beautiful day to be outside.

Saturday, Ashley and I drove around the historic areas of Belmont and Mt. Holly, two nearby small towns. We ended up stopping at the Allen Tate Realtors office in Belmont and are going to see three houses this afternoon and then possibly schedule to see five more next weekend. I guess it's worth going. Ashley and I are both really interested in the house on Lee street (the brown one) but it's not even on the market yet officially so we have some time to see what else is out there.

We saw "V for Vendetta" at the movies last night. It was written by the same guys who did the Matrix movies. There wasn't as much action but it was a very thought provoking movie. It was like a modern adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo (which is a great book) but set in a big brother, 1984-esque british society. All in all, I thought it was definately worth seeing.

No comments: