a record of and tales from my unextrordinary exploits

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Weekend Update

Went home to GA this weekend to see mom and dad and celebrate Danny's birthday. He turned 20 on May 19th. I can hardly believe it. I had a relaxing weekend hanging out, nothing too stressful.

Monday Ashley and I went and met with the cake lady and had a good time tasting cakes. She made several 4" cakes with different flavors of filling and different decoration styles. We decided to go with alternating layers of strawberry and rasberry filling. The cake will be four layers, three of which will be served and the top layer will be frozen for us to eat on our one year anniversary. It will look very similar to the photo I posted earlier. I ended up going with the square because you get more servings for your money.

My next wedding project is to make my veil. I have a pattern picked out I just need to get to the store and buy it and the two or three yards of tulle I'm going to need. I think I'm going to do a scalloped edge with beads and some scrolly beaded details. It depends on how difficult sewing on the beads is going to be. I have plenty of time though. Ashley is going with me on Saturday to Asheville to meet with the florist. I'm not sure exactly why he wants to go, but it will be nice not to have to ride up there by myself.

No comments: